Job Title: Mechanic
SOC code: 49-3042
FLSA Classification: Non exempt
Department/Location: Dickinson Shop
Reports to: Shop Foreman
Status: Full Time, Regular
EEO-1: Craft Worker
Normal Work Hours and Days: Regular shop hours are 6AM-6PM Sunday through Saturday. Often required to work overtime in high season based on workload.
Cruz Energy Services, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We make all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, other protected activities, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. **This employer participates in E-Verify. Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify.**
Responsible to repair, adjust and maintain equipment and machinery used on rig moving projects. Includes: Cranes, Tractor Trucks/Trailers, Loaders, Pickups, and similar equipment. Experience level will dictate employee's specific role.
* Inspect and evaluate incoming equipment and machines and determine malfunctions and defects.
* Assemble and disassemble various equipment and machines.
* Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
* Clean, lube and perform routine maintenance on equipment.
* Maintain routine equipment maintenance schedule.
* Make adjustments and repairs to equipment and machines, testing and ensuring operating efficiency.
* Maintain log book of all equipment and machine repairs, services, adjustments and work performed.
* Planning work, producing parts lists, field service calls.
* Performs other related duties, as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and preferably able to perform other tasks satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
* Familiarity with repair and maintenance of construction equipment, machinery and tools.
* Five years of job related experience minimum.
* Must possess a valid CDL and have a Hazmat Endorsement prior to starting.
* Two years vocational training in construction maintenance or equivalent work experience.
* OSHA 10hr. Training.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
* Knowledge of and ability to use various construction equipment and tools.
* Ability to read and follow assembly and instruction manuals.
* Knowledge of and ability to read blueprints and schematics.
* Knowledge of and ability repair equipment and follow related procedures.
* Ability to assess and troubleshoot equipment failure.
* Knowledge of and ability to apply first aid and applicable safety precautions.
* Ability to see and record written data and information.
* Ability to communicate information in writing so others will understand.
* Ability to effectively understand and communicate verbally with others.
* Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
* Ability to ensure that proper safety and incident reporting procedures are followed.
* Ability to perform a variety of tasks involving strenuous manual labor.
* Ability to meet equipment schedule with dependability and consistency.
* Ability to wear protective clothing.